Tuesday, April 13, 2010

AGO Massive

ENGINE Gallery owner Steven Schwartz and I (Mandy Cheetham) attended the AGO massive for the first time this year. While we were happy to be contributing to such a worthy cause we had no idea we would have such a great time!


Upon our arrival we were thrilled to see so many people had dressed in the 20's style to match the speakeasy theme. While the rest of the crowd rocked their fedoras the always-original Steve had intuitively chosen to stand out in a baseball cap and funky button down.



There must have been nearly 3000 guests over the three floors of the gallery. The basement was our favourite - with the band Tanika Charles and the Wonderfuls and a wicked female DJ who's name I can't recall (please message if you know her name) - we danced until the last note of the last song.

As it is at the best Toronto parties we were lucky enough to run into some good friends including Carl Lyons, Michelle De Los Santos, Steven Levy, and clients Ron Masil and Natasha Dobrina. Ron took the fantastic photos including this one of Natasha and Steve.


It was a last minute decision to go, and we are so glad we did. We'll be back again next year with more friends to support the AGO and their MASSIVE event.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hi hello...I've been getting all of these promotional emails from you & now this comes up on my Facebook page...me lazy should have said hello a while ago, but, when I saw your new gallery space at the Distillery I was kindof awed by its greatness...
    I was sent on a mission a long time ago by Pat Fleisher, well more of a favour I guess, & so ended up at your location on was it Queen street but very west, wester than I usually venture...
    Steven, you showed me a painting you had done, & I was saying that it looked like the Lost City of ...you piped in...Tempura (where art is breaded & fried)...It was too hilarious...you probably forget...
    I even got to smoke a forbidden cigarette 'cause it was my birthday, no wait yours? Ok, so the details are fuzzy...
    Anyways, so hello...
    I guess you know about Pat...I am sorry...
    Maybe the next time I walk by I will say hello...But your new place is too great-maybe you could mess it up a bit, you know, old clothing or just junk lying around, so normal people won't feel scared to say hi...
    Later...
    Sari Grove

    ReplyDelete